Friday, June 15, 2007

More Dryads




















A work in progress.
Well, it took awhile to draw her but it was fun. Now I just have to ink her... *sigh*

I'm finding this kind of style just fun and relaxing. I had a bad block for several weeks when I didn't seem to come up with anything good, but then I started to draw these dryads and now my head is again full of ideas. Maybe I just needed to do something different for awhile and something that wasn't full of meanings. Just pretty pictures with lots of little details to work on and empty my thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I was going to comment on this a week ago but forgot... That's just lazy old me.

It reminds me of the classic Alan Moore -period Swamp Thing. Love it!

How are your other projects coming along? Shall we see that Lovecraft comic soon? ;)

Markku said...

Yeah, I was thinking Swamp Thing too.

That Lovecraft thing, soon? Hahahahaha
No,it's looking good, but as you know, also very slow. Umm, maybe I have something to show when you get back to Finland :)

Actually, I was thinking to finish a couple of panels and to figure out how I should color them. Maybe I do it now.